Connecting North Yorkshire Launched
Connecting North Yorkshire is the newly formed group which will be responsible for driving the delivery of broadband to your home. We have invited them to give the latest news to the campaign via this blog. This is their first posting.
By Connecting North Yorkshire
Connecting North Yorkshire (CNY) is the partnership working to bring substantial improvements to both the access and the speed of broadband across the County.
North Yorkshire County Council and NYnet (two of CNY’s key partners) have recently appointed Ian Marr as the Community Project Manager to look after the development of more community broadband projects over the next few months. This is known as the ‘PRG’ project and Ian can be contacted at email@example.com .
So what will the PRG project bring?
Well, we expect to see our work;
- Help in setting up 14 or 15 more community broadband schemes.
- Provide significant improvements to the broadband connection for these communities.
- Further develop our use of available technologies.
- Bring all interested parties together so we can;
o share our passion for much better broadband for North Yorkshire,
o map current broadband access and speeds,
o understand the levels of demand
o inform and steer the major investments due to come to North Yorkshire over the next few years.
It is going to be an interesting and exciting journey and the immediate next steps include;
- Develop the information on the CNY web pages which can be found at www.northyorks.gov.uk/broadband
- Start to gather data on broadband speed, providers and other information by postcode through the ‘Demand Analysis Tool’ on the CNY web pages.
- Bring together seven community coordinators and other key players to form a steering group.
- Confirm the criteria we will use to assess potential schemes and allocate resources.
Look out for future blogs as we enable more and more communities to gain the benefits of fast and reliable internet.